Several years ago, Dena and Jason began working on a class on anxiety management titled “Calming the Storm”. We wrote the book for the class, using a format where we had a theme for each day of the week, then focusing on that particular theme week by week in the class. The class and the “book” was well-received, so we started looking for an agent who helped us find a publisher.
Here’s where we are:
- Manuscript submitted: Fall 2019
- First edit for content: completed January 2020
- Copyediting: turned in May 16, 2020
- Typeset Page Proofs to review: completed June 2020
- Marketing, endorsers: completed June 2020
- Marketing, finding other “influencers”: in process
- Interviews: in process
- Preorders available from Amazon, Christian Book Distributors, Cokesbury, and many other independent booksellers: NOW!
- Online Launch Party: September 29
- Book signing in Warner Robins: October 3
- Mini-workshop on anxiety and faith: October 6
- Mini-workshop on anxiety and faith: October 10
- Book signing in Jason’s hometown of Dublin: October 17
- Scheduling other book signings: in process
- Train the leaders event (online): November 7
- Train the leaders event (online): January 9
In February of 2019, Jason released a book that is part meditation on the death of his father, part exploration of changing views of God, and part Lenten devotional. The book is entitled Unless a Grain of Wheat Falls: A Dying Father, a Changing Son, a Lenten Journey. Copies are available in print, Kindle, or Nook.
One reviewer writes, “If you’re looking for a sanitized, feel-good devotional that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, this isn’t the book for you. But, if you want a raw, honest, faith-filled journey through the season of Lent that will deepen your faith, look no further. Jason Hobbs writes with authenticity and depth as he shares his very personal story of his father’s life and death and how God is a loving and faithful companion through it all. I highly recommend this book.”